Welcome to the Riding School
Staying Healthy at Hampton Riding Centre
At Hampton Riding Centre, we endeavour to create a safe and fun environment. Please review our "Keeping Us Healthy" policy:
- If you feel unwell, please stay home. You are encouraged to request a COVID test if you have any symptoms.
- If you test positive, you may return 5 days after testing positive and when you are no longer symptomatic.
- As of March 14, we no longer are required to wear a mask. However, it is your choice to wear a mask in the barn, tack room and arena.
- Physical distancing is no longer mandatory. However, you are encouraged to continue this practice whenever possible.
Whether you are beginning to ride, or an advanced rider honing your skills, our experienced & enthusiastic instructors will help you reach your goals.
We have 3 programs:
- We offer private and group lessons for ages 9 and up. Find out more below.
- The Hampton Pony Club is for 9-25 year olds and offers a structured, year long program of theory, barn management and riding. Find out more at https://hamptonridingcentre.ca/pony-club/.
- For ages 5-8 we have “Rookie Rider” days throughout the year. This is a 2.5 hour session that provides a safe and fun introduction to horses, horsemanship and beginner riding skills. The day will consist of fun games, gymnastic exercises on mats and our barrel “horse” plus learn the beginner skills of proper horsemanship. Please check the events calendar at https://hamptonridingcentre.ca/events/ for the next Rookie Rider Day.
More About Our Private and Group Riding Lessons!
Our riding school offers lessons in a fun and safe atmosphere with groups matched in age and riding level. We provide instruction in English riding on our selected school horses and ponies, or you may bring your own horse to the lesson.
We hold lessons in our indoor arenas on winter and rainy days, and in our spacious outdoor riding ring during the summer. Advanced group lessons may also include riding through beautiful forest and fields as HRC is situated on 200 acres.
Riders in our lesson program also have an opportunity to be involved in many other activities. There are numerous Riding School level competitions held on site, plus riding clinics with well-known guest instructors. We may take students and school horses off-site to Regional Pony Club events and competitions as well as Equine Canada sanctioned Gold and Bronze level shows.
Hour-long group, semi-private and private riding lessons are available weekdays and evenings, plus Saturdays and Sundays. In addition to riding, students at HRC receive instruction in proper horse care.
We recommend you start by coming for a tour. We want you to see the facilities, meet the horses, and maybe even watch a lesson. We can talk about your riding goals and learning style: Do you prefer a group or individual? What time of day? Then we will book an assessment lesson and get you riding! Contact us today and let’s get riding!
As of May 27, 2023 group lessons are $65 and private lessons are $95.
Jennifer has been a member of the Coaching Association of Canada since 1993.
The Mission of the CAC is to “To enhance the experiences of all Canadian athletes through quality coaching.”
Jennifer believes in this mission and applies it to coaching of her riders regardless of whether they are pleasure riders or competitive, adults or kids!
New riders do not need to buy anything before starting. We do ask that yoga pants or leggings of some kind are worn, rubber boots- like Bogs, and then T-shirt and jacket as the weather permits. We have helmets here that can be used. This allows new riders to try the sport before investing in all the gear first.
Once you are hooked, then we can supply you with your own gear through our on-site horse store. Each rider needs an ASTM approved helmet, and boots with a heel.
Customer Feedback and Love!
She absolutely loves jumping!! She loves Jem! Thank you for encouraging her!! She loves riding! And it has made such a difference in her confidence! 🙂
Good morning! I had so much fun on Saturday. What a feeling. I don’t know why I waited so long to do this. About 10 years ago, I gave away the last of my equipment and I was really sad I’d done it afterward. It wasn’t much stuff and the girl I gave it to was very thankful, but it felt like I had shut the door on horses. The door is open again and I can’t thank you enough. I love the family atmosphere of the Hampton Riding Centre.
I wanted to let you know that yesterday was the first time I’d seen my daughter acting like an enthusiastic kid in years. I picked her up at school and she didn’t complain about having to lug her equipment bag. I usually try to get her to tell me some good things about her day during the drive and she piped up with some good things before I asked her. She told me that she was excited for Pony Club. Watching her skip around my house to get ready for riding almost brought me to tears. It was good to see her talking with the others like they are friends, too.
Fantastic teacher and school. Magical! Jennifer has built something truly wonderful here. Her students learn leadership, patience, empathy, and work ethic. Proud to support her good work!
The Hampton Riding Centre is a wonderful facility! Beautiful surroundings, great teaching staff, well cared for horses, enthusiastic students. Truly enjoyed my visit there and know how very much my daughter and granddaughter look forward to their riding lessons!!
I can’t say enough about Jenn and her instructors! Paige has had a wonderful experience and loves her time at the barn.