|Select your Classes Below|
|1.||Cross Rail Hunter over fences #1|
|2.||Cross Rail Hunter over fences #2|
|3.||Novice Hunter over fences #1|
|4.||Novice Hunter over fences #2|
|5.||Novice Jumper class|
|6.||Low Hunter over fences #1|
|7.||Low Hunter over fences #2|
|8.||Greenhawk Pony Club medal series class||2 foot 6 2 foot 9 3 foot ($20 each)|
|Break (take down course/ canteen open)|
|9.||Cross Rail Hunter under Saddle|
|10.||Novice Hunter under Saddle|
|11.||Low Hunter under Saddle|
|Lunch (Canteen on site)|
|14.||Walk / trot Equitation|
|15.||Walk / trot Novice Horse|
|16.||Walk / trot Pleasure|
|17.||English Equitation Junior “C”|
|18.||English Equitation Junior “B”|
|19.||English Equitation Junior “A”|
|20.||English Equitation Senior|
|21.||English Pleasure Junior|
|22.||English Pleasure Senior|
|23.||Road Hack Junior|
|24.||Road Hack Senior|
|26.||$5.00 Bareback Ride|
|Mandatory Admin Fee|
|Mandatory Number Fee (refundable)|
|Mandatory Late Fee (after May 29)|
Hampton Riding Centre Horse Show
June 2 @ 9:00 am - 6:00 pm ADT
Join us for the Hampton Riding Centre Horse Show. Start time is 9am rain or shine!
This is the Centre’s 10th annual show, which attracts top and amateur equestrians from NB as they compete for the title in various classes (see below for class description).
Come be part of the largest horse show in the province! Spectators are invited to attend free of charge.
Early bird registration ends at 11:59 pm May 29. After May 29, an additional $25 will be required with all show fees.
Register Online Below or Download 2019 Entry Form (PDF)
- Select your classes below and then click REGISTER.
- Read Class Descriptions and Show Rules at the bottom of the page.
- Bring the completed waiver on or before Show Day.
- Read through the Ring Etiquette before the show to keep us all safe and stress-free.
Cross Rail Hunter– these classes are for the first timers- first time horse or rider over fences at a show. Low inviting cross rails. Courses will be posted.
Novice Hunter– 2 feet maximum, made up of cross rails, some small verticals, but no oxers. Open to Jr. and Sr. riders, horses and ponies. Shown over a course of 8-10 small Xrails and verticals. Fences may be approached in either trot or canter. Emphasis will be placed on: 1) horses ridden in a safe, controlled manner, 2) a correct and effective path to and away from the fences, 3) safe jumping style.
Novice Jumper – Horses are to be judged only on performance over a pre-designated course with jumps at a maximum of 2 feet. Time allowed is based upon actual measurement of length of course but the route will be generous. There will be a timekeeper at the start and finish line.
Low Hunter– 2’6” maximum, will have verticals and oxers. Open to Jr. and Sr. riders, horses and ponies. Shown at a canter over a course of 8-10 hunter type fences. Distances will not be adjusted for ponies.
Greenhawk PC medal class – open to all current pony club members. Hunter or jumper tack may be worn. No tack or horse changes between phases. Offered at 2’6”, 2’9” and 3’. Heights will be judged and pinned together as one class. Scoring of class: 60% jumping phase and 40% flat phase. See complete rules on page below.
All Working Hunter Under Saddle – To be shown at a walk, trot, canter both ways of the ring. May be asked to hand gallop and rein back. To show in this class a competitor must have successfully completed at least one over fences class in the division entered. To be judged on manners, light contact and performance.
Placing – The point system will be used to determine the scores in championship classes that include one or more classes. 1st= 7 points, 2nd= 5 points, 3rd= 4 points, 4th = 3 points, 5th = 2 points, 6th= 1 point.
Showmanship Class – It involves a person on the ground leading a horse, wearing a halter or bridle, through a series of maneuvers called a pattern. The horse itself is not judged on its conformation. Rather, the exhibitor is judged on how well he or she exhibits the animal to its best advantage, with additional scoring for the grooming and presentation of both horse and handler.
Lead Line Class – A class for brand new riders. Entries must wear approved helmets and boots. Horses/ponies to be led by a competent handler. Entries in this class may NOT enter any other classes. Prizes and treats to be presented.
Walk Trot Equitation and Pleasure – This class is for exhibitors who do not wish to canter or lope. No green horses please!
Walk Trot Novice Horse – This class is designed for the green horse (or Pony) as an introduction to the ring. May also enter other flat classes.
Junior “C” Equitation – “C” riders are such until the end of the calendar year in which they reach the age of 12. Depending on the numbers of entries, this class may be split. To be judged on the rider’s position (basic seat) and independence of leg to hand balance and performance. To be shown at a walk, trot, canter both ways of the ring. Judge may ask to perform a pattern to view individual position and performance.
Junior “B” Equitation – “B” riders are such from the beginning of the calendar year in which they reach the age of 13 until the end of the calendar year in which they reach the age of 15. Depending on the numbers of entries, this class may be split. To be judged on the rider’s position (basic seat) and independence of leg to hand balance and performance. To be shown at a walk, trot, canter both ways of the ring. Judge may ask to perform a pattern to view individual position and performance.
Junior “A” Equitation – “A” riders are such from the beginning of the calendar year in which they reach the age of 16 until the end of the calendar year in which they reach the age of 18. To be judged on the rider’s position (basic seat) and independence of leg to hand balance and performance. To be shown at a walk, trot, canter both ways of the ring. Judge may ask to perform a pattern to view individual position and performance.
Senior Equitation – age over 18 as of Jan 1st. To be judged on the rider’s position (basic seat) and performance. To be shown at a walk, trot, canter (or walk, jog and lope) both ways of the ring. Judge may ask to perform a pattern to view individual position and performance.
Junior/ Senior Pleasure – to be judged at walk, trot and canter (or walk, jog and lope) both ways of the ring. Judged on the horse’s way of going, conformation and manners. To be shown with light contact on the horses mouth. To stand quietly and back upon request.
Road Hack – This is a basic flat class that can also include extended trot and hand galloping in at least one direction around the arena. The judge may also ask you to halt and rein back.
Command Class – This is an elimination class. The last horse/rider still going wins! Basically a “simon says” class. Based on how well you control your horse. “Spotters” will stand around the ring and tell the judge if someone does something wrong. The judge will say “riders all canter” for example, and the last horse to show the canter is out. Different commands will be given until there is only one horse left.
$5.00 Ride– a bareback command class with the money under your thigh. Winner will take 50% of the entry money, 2nd place- 30%, 3rd place – 20%.
All flat classes: No breastplates, whips, martingales, Flash or figure 8 or drop nosebands, boots or bandages of any kind.
- The show will be held Sunday, June 2nd, 2019 at the Hampton Riding Centre, 560 Lakeside Road,
- Hampton, NB, E5N 3Y6. Starting at 9am in the outdoor ring. The show will be in the indoor ring if raining. Please call Jennifer @ 650-5999 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org for any information.
- All exhibitors must be members of their provincial association, which can now be paid for online at nbea.ca. Proof of your NBEA (NSEF or IHC) membership needs to accompany your entry. A photocopy is fine.
- Entry fees are $5.00 per class except for the Greenhawk Medal Class which is $20. Entries will be accepted until May 29th, online or in person. After May 29th , a late fee of $25.00 per competitor will apply on top of all show fees. The show office will be open at 6pm the evening prior and at 7am on the morning of the show to get competitors numbers.
- Show committee may cancel or combine classes with fewer than 4 entries.
- All classes will have ribbons to 6th
- All riders must wear an approved helmet. They must meet the standards of the ASTM and display the SEI seal. Along with all those showing over fences, helmets will be checked.
- Stabling is very limited. Please come prepared to tie to your trailer for the day.
- One horse and rider combination per entry form. Horses must be shown by the same exhibitor in qualifying classes for points to count. The judge will break any ties.
- High Point Division Awards will be awarded for the following: Cross Rail Hunter (class 1, 2, 9), Novice Hunter (class 3, 4, 10) and Low Hunter (class 6, 7, 11) Hunter ribbons to be presented before Showmanship Class.
- Divisional Championships- Cross Rail Hunter- 3 classes per division. Horses must enter the 2 jumping classes and the flat class to be eligible for High Point awards. Novice (2 foot) division and Low Hunter division- also 3 classes per division to be eligible for High Point. Same horse and rider combinations may not enter in more than 2 consecutive divisions. For example, you cannot enter in Xrail, if you will be jumping in the Low Hunter class.
- There will be a canteen on site provided by the Hampton Pony Club.
- Show attire is English competitors will be dressed in jackets of conservative color, with tie, choker or stock tie, no open collared shirts, ASTM helmets, gloves, beige or grey breeches or jodhpurs, tall boots or ½ chaps. Horses will be neatly trimmed and tails will be combed through. Braiding is required. All competitors and animals should be neatly turned out.
- Anyone showing disrespect or misconduct towards horses and/or others at the show will be asked to leave the grounds and will lose their entry fees.
- Any falls in the ring, you must lead the horse out of the ring. There will be no re-mounting in the ring. You will be eliminated from the class in which the fall occurred. Medical personnel onsite will check you out and advise as to whether or not you will continue on in the show.
- There will be a $5.00 number fee that is refundable at the end of your classes at the show office.
- Judge’s decision is final.
- Due to the nature of the show environment all horses must be vaccinated. Please provide proof with your entry form. Strangles is required as well.
Greenhawk Pony Club Medal Series
A developmental medal series open to all current Canadian Pony Club members to encourage participation in equitation medal classes and strengthen the horsemanship of our upcoming equestrians.
Details to come.