COVID-19 Update As Of October, 2021
On September 15, 2021, the New Brunswick government announced that beginning Tuesday, Sept. 21 at 11:59 p.m., people will be required to show proof of vaccination when accessing certain events, services and businesses. This includes indoor organized group recreational sports. Hampton Riding Centre has modified our policies . The Mandatory Order may be found at https://www2.gnb.ca/content/dam/gnb/Corporate/pdf/EmergencyUrgence19.pdf
- Vaccinations: Riders and spectators are required to provide government‐approved proof of full vaccination or of medical exemption to HRC staff. The public health inspectors may ask to see this proof at any time so please carry it with you even if you have already shown it to our staff.
- Masks: Everyone must wear a mask while inside the tack room. Please have your mask on in the barn, as we sometimes get closer than 2 metres. The arena is outside and masks are not required, but you must physically distance.
- Physical distancing: To accommodate physical distancing, people must maintain a minimum distance of 2 meters, or 6 feet, between themselves and others at all times, with the exception of members of the same household or ‘bubble’. People must not congregate in groups. This may result in restrictions to how daily activities, business operations, and recreation occurs, but this intermediary step will help to keep our communities healthy. Adjustments and accommodations will be required to ensure physical distancing requirements continue to be met.
- Hand washing:Good handwashing practices are important to prevent disease transmission, especially during this current COVID-19 pandemic. Everyone needs to ensure they are practicing proper hand hygiene. Proper handwashing requires regularly and thoroughly washing your hands with soap and water or minimum 60% alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Wipe down anything you touch: Leadlines, cross ties, stall guards, shovels, forks, handles, wheelbarrows etceteras. We will have all the disinfecting supplies here for you to use. We will continue to disinfect all horse tack and equipment.
- Restricted access to the barn: Everyone on the property must be fully vaccinated so spectators are allowed. We ask that you wear your masks if you are close to others while watching your children ride.
Thank you all for doing your part and keeping us safe.
Welcome to Hampton Riding Centre
Premier riding school in Atlantic Canada
Hampton Riding Centre is located in Smithtown, New Brunswick – just outside of Hampton and about 1/2 hour from Saint John. Owned and operated by Equestrian Canada Certified Coach Jennifer Hanson. Many events are held every year for youth and adults, from fun schooling shows, to clinics with some of the country’s top equestrian athletes and coaches. We are also home to the Hampton Pony Club, which caters to horse crazy kids ages 9-25.
Take a video tour of Hampton Riding Centre
What’s Happening at Hampton Riding Centre
Jill Stedman Dressage ClinicOctober 22 - October 24
Register online for our dressage clinic with EC Certified Dressage Competition coach Donna McInnis.October 29 @ 3:15 pm - 7:15 pm ADT
The Prince Philip Games are played at Hampton Riding Centre in December each year.December 11